Top 7 Social Media Marketing Strategies to Attract Customers to Your Website
The internet is an incredibly important part of most businesses today. Many people search for product information and reviews, compare prices and locate business contact information online. If you don’t have a website optimized to appear in search engine results and you aren’t using social media marketing to build your brand and attract potential customers to your website then you are missing out on a big opportunity. Understanding social media marketing strategies to engage your audience and attract customers to your website is a vital business skill.
Top 7 social media marketing strategies to attract customers to your website
In order to increase sales from social media marketing (SMM), you need to know best practices – or to hire someone who does.
1. Identify your primary and secondary target markets. Get to know what motivates them to make purchases and what kinds of marketing they find most appealing.
2. Do some research on how each type of SMM works and decide which type(s) suit your business and your target audience. For example, a clothing manufacturer would benefit from the visual focus of Instagram while a public relations firm would thrive on Twitter and LinkedIn. Do not feel obligated to use every form of SMM available.
3. Engage with your followers. Ask questions in your posts and like their responses. Take the time to answer any questions that come up; SMM communication should be a part of your customer service efforts. Make note of complaints; respond to them and come up with a way to resolve issues that are turning customers away. One of the best ways to increase engagement and build brand loyalty is to hold a contest or giveaway.
4. Identify your brand’s key influencers – people who are loyal to your brand and who others look to for advice about your products. Follow them on social media and take note of what they are communicating; they can provide valuable information about the ways your brand is seen and what can be improved to build more brand loyalty.
5. Plan your posts carefully so your audience doesn’t tune you out. Overdoing social media marketing posts can leave your followers annoyed and tuning out your message. Instead, use posts to communicate a specific message or give valuable information about things like sales, new product lines or other important announcements. In between, create branding posts that appeal to your target audience’s lifestyle or interests. Scheduling software like Hootsuite allows you to set posts on a schedule.
6. Cross-promote your company hashtag. While hashtags started on Instagram, they are now used across SMM platforms. Cross-promoting your hashtag makes it easier for your posts to come up in search results.
7. Track results. Setting goals and comparing sales to social media marketing campaigns is important because it lets you know if your SMM is working. The data collected can help you make changes to your strategy if needed.
Just like social media marketing, there is a lot to know about Hawaii’s employer laws; we’ve got you covered through HR outsourcing! When you partner with Makai HR you can get on with the business you are trying to grow while we take care of your employee needs from payroll to taxes, health insurance/benefits and worker’s compensation. You also gain peace of mind that you are in compliance with all of Hawaii’s employer laws (if you’ve ever looked you know that the list is very long). When choosing a PEO to partner with, there are many things to consider including cost, services and technology solutions.
With the cost of doing business in Hawaii at record highs, we know how important it is to keep labor costs in line with revenue. Our plans are priced competitively and include value-added services like time-in/time-out systems. Our three tiers of PEO service plans are tailored to the size of your business and specific needs. We offer a 100% paperless solution which means that your employees can manage their needs through a computer, tablet or phone. We can truly improve your employees work benefits while freeing you up to run your business.
What are you waiting for? Companies who partner with a PEO benefit from 7-9% faster growth, 10-14% lower employee turnover; and they are 50% less likely to go out of business. Contact us today to get started!